The answer to this question is yes. Insurances do cover roof damage from hail. But from this statement and to the actual compensation, the trip can be long. This is what you have to do:
1. Check your insurance policy and make sure that you are covered;
2. Contact a certified and insured contractor to evaluate the damages and explain to you the exact value of the necessary repair work.
3. Call your insurance company and let them know about your problem. They are going to send an insurance adjuster to check your roof, take pictures of your roof and offer you a reimbursement quotation. There are insurance adjusters who send their reimbursement quotation only after a couple of weeks, or so.
4. The insurance adjusters usually want to meet your contractor to make sure that they have similar measurements and conclusions.
5. Make sure that your contractor is present when the insurance adjuster makes the investigation. The contractor is the only one who can argue your case. Simon Bros Roofing has the experience you need.
6. Do not hurry and do not panic. A roof that has been damaged by hail does not leak immediately, so you have some time to wait until you get your insurance money to repair or even replace your roof.
So here you are! A roof damage from hail may turn to be the ticket you needed to repair your old roof but be patient and stay insured.
For expert insight, contact the professionals for more information.